Looks Like Worthpoint Bought GoAntiques.com

I always thought GoAntiques.com was the stronger site, but as it turns out, Worthpoint bought GoAntiques.com! That should be very interesting. I think Worthpoint now has the weight to be viable in the marketplace in the foreseeable future. I also think that Will Seippel was smart in making this decision as Worthpoint had pretty much hit a dead end. 


Personally, I'm still not happy with the format of Worthpoint.com. Everything "seems" right, but somehow the feel of the website is lacking. Goantiques.com, even if it looks half a generation behind, still has that "feel" of someplace people would go on a regular basis. I wonder if my feel comes out in stats. lets see.

And the verdict from Quantcast seems that I am correct! Gut instincts quantified. Monthly page views per person for Worthpoint is 3.0 for the US while for GoAntiques.com its a whopping 7.49 more than double that for Worthpoint.

From the little I know of the two personalities, Will Seippel and Jim Kamnikar, I think Jim would be better of running the day to day operations while Will doing the wheeling and dealing. But I think its worked out the other way round.

Anyways, random thoughts from a nobody!


No comments: